Gardening tools are extremely helpful in digging, cultivating, grooming, and pruning your garden. Some of these are given below:
- Garden Spade – Spade has squared-off, flat blade with short-handle. This is the best for digging planting holes, edging beds, working soil amendments, slicing under sod into garden. Within one pinch, one can make use of spade for chopping ice on walking area. Because of its versatility, it is mandatory in tool shed.
- Shovel – Typical garden shovel has concave (dished) blade that is mildly tapered or rounded at its tip. Maximum shovels will have long-handle though short-handle ones are also available. As the blades are canted at specific angle for handling greater leverage, shovels are ideal for attacking sand piles, soil piles as well as various other materials that one needs loading or moving.
- Garden Fork – You can easily dig into soil with 4 straight and sturdy steel tines offered by garden fork. It is sometimes called spading fork and is a great tool for aerating and turning the soil. It can be used for breaking-up soil chunks as well as for working with organic matter, different fertilizers, as well as many other amendments into soil. Garden fork can easily cope with occasional buried rocks or roots and comes handy for perennial clumps.
- Hoe – Hoe helps you to remove young weeds as well as cultivate soil in garden bed. Simple hoe basically is square, straight-edged blade that is attached at right angle to long wooden handle. This will be useful in chopping soil clumps and scrapping soil surface for cutting-off those sprouting weeds. If tilted at some angle, blade corner traces neat planting furrows. Swan hoe comes with curved neck whereas diamond hoe has diamond shaped head perfect for weeds pulling.
- Trowel – Trowel is for planting bulbs, various plants, and seedlings in garden bed. These come with wide or narrow cupped metal blades and sturdy handles in addition to tapered tips.
- Flexible Rake – It is flexible, flat fan also called lawn rake. It is bent at tip and tines will be made using metal, plastic, rubber, or even bamboo in varying styles. It helps in gathering light debris spread out on lawns, walks, and beds as well as for raking up leaves.
- Hand Weeder – It is miniature of hoe and used for dirty-and-down weeding. It has short handle, straight-edged blades that allow working between the plants in bed.
- Other Gardening Tools – These include watering can, watering tools, hose, sprays, safety glasses, gloves, power lawn mower, seats, kneelers, and many more.
Pressure washers also help in gardening work and can be used for removing grime, algae, and dirt. When purchasing this machine, there are some basic ratings that must be considered. First is HP that is horse power that its engine can generate. Next is Pounds per Square Inch (PSI) which calculates amount of water pressure that is between spray tip and pump. Other two are cleaning power units (CPU) and gallons per minute (GPM). Water pressure components include pumps, drive system, electric motors, motors, engine, and gas engine.