Before talking about a petrol pressure washer, do you know what a pressure washer or also known as a jet washer is in the first place? In simple words, it basically is a machine that makes a use of high water pressure in order to clean buildings, vehicles and other objects from dust, mud, grime, mould and so on. The level of pressure produced by such equipment falls in the range of 750 psi to 30,000 psi.
|PICTURE||Petrol Pressure Washer Model||FEATURES||PRICE||RATING 1-5|
|Wolf 200 BAR, 3000psi, 6.5HP Heavy Duty Petrol Driven Pressure Power Washer - Full Spares & Service Support - Kit Includes Gun, Lance, 4 Quick Fit Nozzles and 6m High Pressure Hose||Powered by a 6.5HP 4 Stroke petrol driven engine, 200BAR (3000 psi), Strong durable steel frame, 4 quick fit nozzle attachments||£££||4.7|
|Draper Expert 77593 5.5-Horsepower Petrol Pressure Washer||Metal lance with brass gun|
8 m of heavy-duty reinforced high pressure hose
Four-stroke petrol engine
|Powerplus 206 Bar 3060psi 180cc Petrol Driven Eco Drive Power Pressure Washer with All Terrain Wheels POWXG9008 - 3 Year Home User Warranty|| 206 BAR Pressure|
Strong Steel Frame
Heavy Duty Lance
180cc 4 Stroke ECO DRIVE petrol Engine
About a Petrol Pressure Washer
In all baseness, a petrol pressure washer is composed of 3 major components:
- A motor for driving the water pump
- A high pressurised hosepipe
- A trigger gun
The way it works is that the trigger gun increases the dynamic pressures produced by the motor of the pump. In a pressure washer functioning on petrol, the washers used in this equipment are known as petrol washers. The pump will not be able to draw more petrol than the source can provide and thus, it needs to be adequate enough for when the machine is attached.
This automatically implies that the flow of petrol must be greater than that of the washer. This makes sure that there is always enough petrol in the pump. You will also find tonnes of different kinds of nozzles, all of which are shaped differently in accordance to your needs. Usually, the nozzle is directly connected to the trigger gun. Not only have that, but a lot of them also allowed an injection of detergents as well.
The main application of a petrol pressure washer is in any lengthy cleaning session where there is the need for sustained amounts of strong pressure. This is especially true for factories, warehouses, etc. which are located outdoors. So, without further ado, here are some of the features of a power washer run on a petrol.
- One of the most important features of such a jet washer is the fact that it is portable in nature. This allows the person to use it both indoors as well as outdoors. However, if you are intent on using it indoors, just make sure that a lot of caution is taken on doing so. The reason for that is there is not enough area to make room for proper ventilation and as such, you must be careful.
- Generally used by professional cleaners because of their powerful nature. As such, you will also be able to get the same kind of professional quality results with its use. This increases self-sufficiency since you will no longer need to hire someone else to do the work for you. Not only that, but you will also be saving yourself quite a lot of money.
- You will find different models of a petrol pressure washer all of which have varied amounts of pump pressures installed. This is done to suit the different types of surfaces that are going to be used for cleaning purposes. Also, a flow rate of the pump gives more cleaning power to the whole thing. Needless to say that the higher the rate of flow, the higher will be the cleaning power.
- These types of washers are extremely durable in nature and thus, you will find yourself using the same equipment for a long period of time. It is needless to say that the durability of the engine is pretty much in line with the durability of the rest of the machine including the frame of the body as well as the chassis.
How to select one?
Business places should always be kept clean and one good way to go about doing so is by using a petrol based pressure washer. The main idea of selecting the best pressure washer is to have both a clean appearance as well as a safe place for working by making debris free pathways. Using a petrol pressure washer is a good way to achieve both and as such, there are certain things you need to keep in mind when selecting one for yourself. Here are some of them:
- You will need to know the kind of work you are going to be performing with your equipment. For instance, if your work involves removing viscous substances, you will need a pressure washer that has at least 3000 PSI and a flow rate of 15 litres/sec. The thing is, higher the rate of flow, lesser the time is taken for completing the job. When you have both of the aforementioned features that are included when you get an A-grade pressure washer.
- You will also need to evaluate where you will be using the blaster. Because of the fuel emitting nature of this machine, it is best used in certain areas only. Portability is also an issue here. Taking the equipment inside and outside continually can be hectic if the place is not suitable for the use of such a pressure washer.
- Another thing that you must know is the efficiency of the machine and the overall ability to remove different kinds of dirt. That includes grime, debris, mud and all sorts of other filth. After all, getting to know the worth of your machine is a step that you should never skip.
Things to consider
Once you have selected the type of petrol pressure washer that you want for yourself, you will probably be wondering what to do next. You are just a small step away from getting the piece of equipment you so desire. However, before you do so, there are some things that you will need to keep in mind which you should consider when buying such a washer. Without further ado, here is a list of such things:
- Purpose: The first thing you need to sort out is what you will be using it for. That includes the way you want to use it, the place and the frequency of use as well. Make a shortlist of these things for yourself so that you know what exactly you want to do with your washer.
- Budget: Secondly, you will want to know how much the washer of your choice costs exactly. Before selecting the pressure washer, make sure you take its price into consideration, and line it up with how much you are willing to pay. Then make a purchase only then, when you thought you have reached a fruitful conclusion regarding your purchase.
- Recommendations: Lastly, make sure that you ask around for recommendations before finalising your purchase. Inquire amongst your friends, family members, college/work mates, and see what they have to say regarding the matter. Get as many opinions as you possibly can on the subject. You can also take this a step further and contact the supplier directly. After all, he will know the equipment inside out.
Now, you will find lots of different types of pressure washers on the market. One of them is the electric pressure washer. As the then name suggests, it runs on electricity as opposed to a petrol washer which runs obviously on petrol. Both of them have their own unique set of advantages and disadvantages of using them. For instance, electric washers don’t involve the extra costs that petrol washers undergo i.e. fuel. So here are some of the benefits of using a Petrol Pressure Washer.
The obvious advantage of a petrol pressure washer lies in its mobility. As mentioned before, a petrol washer does not need any electricity in order to function properly. As such, it is not restricted to use in specific areas only. Not only that but they are also considered to be perfect for commercial use because of their long lasting durability combined with high performance as well. This is also true for the extended use of the machine.
Just like it has its own set of unique advantages, it also has its own set of disadvantages as well. For instance, a Petrol Pressure Washer is way more expensive than any other type of pressure washer. That mainly comes down to the fuel associated with running the machine. The price of fuel is something that is always on the rise each day.
While some can afford such a thing, most people base their judgments on an economic scale more than anything. An average customer is not capable of buying such an appliance and maintaining it for long period of time. Also, they happen to be quite loud as well, as opposed to electric washers which are pretty quiet in contrast.
This is pretty much everything you need to know about a pressure washer, one that is run on petrol too. With the evolution of man, there have been a lot of improvements in technology as well. This piece of equipment is one such example. So, when it comes to a large scale of cleaning up, a petrol washer is probably the best way to go about it. Obviously, you would want to get the job done as efficiently as possible. So make sure you keep these things in mind while buying a Petrol Pressure Washer for yourself.